Having best time biking around the Turkey
by Christie Mary
Turkey is as good as any other location in the world when it comes to biking. Most of the region is hilly which makes riding more adventurous and challenging while the coastal line is more tempting for the touring cyclists. A beautiful landscape, wonderful people and delicious Turkish food is what that makes your biking experience memorable. To have best experience biking around in Turkey, it is important that you keep in your mind following few suggestions.
1) Planning Is A MUST
First thing you should plan is the route. The roads are quite busy in western parts of the country especially in cities like Istanbul and Ankara, so it is preferable to plan an alternate route. On the other hand, the roads in the eastern part of the country are not too busy but can be a bit rough. So it's good to have an excellent quality tires on your bike. You can also learn to repair punctures on your tires.
Another thing to plan is the stoppage points. There are mosques in most of the village areas, generally the mosques have pure drinking water and nice clean bathrooms. You can also rest at the fuel stations. These are great places to have some rest and get yourself something to eat. Some of the stations have restaurants too where the staff is quick to respond you for any kind of help you want.
2) Beat the Heat
The Turkish summers are quite hot and those who are not used to very hot temperatures should be very well prepared before leaving their hotel
- Start biking as early as possible.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Keep your t-shirt wet to keep your body cool.
- To replace the lost salt in sweating, have some salty snacks or drinks.
3) Spectacular Scenery
The scenic beauty of Turkey is just incredible. Places like "Afyon Valley", which is famous for its beautiful rock formations is a must place to visit. Then there are places like "Mount Nemrut, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Eastern Black Sea and Eastern Anatolia", which are a must to visit places in Turkey. Don't forget to take your camera with you because there are many places which you would like to capture in your camera.
4) Night Stays
Although there are a number of hotels alongside highways and in city areas but if you are traveling in country side then there are two options.
- The first option is wild camping. You can pitch in your own tent in fields. This option is good if you want to remain undiscovered or if you are too tired and want to have some deep sleep.
- The second option is to ask local people to help you find a suitable place for night stay. Turks are very hospitable, they enjoy helping and talking to tourists and they might invite you for tea or food. If they find you safe and interesting, then it is possible that they will offer you to stay with them.
So get your turkey visas ready to have once in a lifetime biking experience in Turkey. It is going to be something that you will cherish throughout your life.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bicycle Tours Submission.